Thursday, 5 July 2012


Hi all, i think its probably about time i told you why ive not been as active as usual. I will start from the beginning but keep it brief, dont want you falling asleep on me!
3 years ago i was diagnosed with cervical cancer, after a few opps etc I have been in the clear for 18 months. Until recently, after having a check up as i had been experiencing some familiar problems i went and had some tests done. In a nut shell, my surgeon is 99% sure that the cancer has returned. So, on Tuesday i went in and had another opp to have the 'cancer' cut out, theres another problem which i wont go into now but meant that i had two procedures done at the same time. 
Now its another wait, to find out and as my doc said "to confirm what he already knows!" If its definitely cancer that has come back, i will be going in to have a full hysterectomy. I have wondered whether or not to say anything as i like my page to be a happy place where you love to come to and chat, share and make friends.  But as most of you have become such great friends to me through Sew Sweet i feel as though i owe it to you. Dont panic, the shop is still open and i have a couple of lovely helpers doing the picking and packing so from that point of view  nothing should change, but obviously i wont be on here much for the rest of this week as i need to rest, im very tiered and very sore still. Other than that, im fine and have so many friends and family falling over each other to help out! I will be back to my good old self in no time, i will keep you updated as soon as i have any news, speak soon : ) xxxx

♥ Thank you for visiting us today at Sew Sweet ♥ www.sewsweet.co.uk

15 comments:

Pascale Mitchell said...

Hi Emma so sorry to hear you have had to endure this my prayers are with you sweetie, Take care xxx

Fiona said...

oh Emma...I am so sorry to hear of your news. I feel so sad for you. You keep your chin up and your family and friends are here to support you....take care!!

Fi
x

Anita said...

So sorry you are having to deal with all of this Emma. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts. Sending hugs your way.

Heather said...

So sorry to hear your sad news but will remember you and your family in my prayers.

Kate said...

Oh Emma, I am so so sorry to heart that. I will be praying for you and your family and I hope that after the Hysterectomy that the cancer doesn't come back anymore. You take your time to heal and get better my friend.

Hugs,
Kate

Dorcas said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Emma but I feel honored that you trusted your peeps with your news. You have our support. I hope all goes well, I know this is a worrying time for you.
Kepping you in our thoughts.
Hugs,
Dorcas

eight by six said...

Emma - you are going to get through this with the help of your family and many friends. Take it easy this week, sit back and let someone else do the work for you. Love & Best wishes. Amanda x

Margreet said...

Hi Emma, sorry to read this sad news...wishing you much strength and I keep thinking of you!
xxx Margreet

Dinki Dots said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Emma. My thoughts are with you.
Maria x

Janneke said...

Ow sweetie I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news ...
Take care and I give you a big cyber hug

Janneke XO

Mrs A. said...

Sending big virtual hugs your way.
Hugs and more hugs MrsA.

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

So sorry to read your post Emma! You are in my thoughts. Sending you healing wishes of health and happiness. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Sarahxx

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

So sorry to read your post Emma! You are in my thoughts. Sending you healing wishes of health and happiness. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Sarahxx

sew said...

Thank you for letting us know - now we can send hugs, thoughts & wishes to you for getting well soon.
Take it easy in he meantime.
xx

FeltByRae said...

Hi Emma

Wishing all the very best and a speedy recovery

Rae xxx